We are for sale!
Quite literally, actually. (Well, maybe not on Michael’s end, but with me, for the right price…)
My name is Ivan, and I’m 19 years old. I live with Michael/Kaitlyn, in a house with his parents, and his little sister. I’m an FtM, and Michael is genderfucked. To avoid wall of text syndrome, I’ll offer you a bullet list instead. The house we live in currently presents the following problems:
- trans*/queer unfriendly (sickeningly so)
- no privacy (we live in the den)
- regular fights (the parentals fight to alleviate boredom, it seems)
- triggering atmosphere (yelling, door-slamming)
- dysphoria inducing (insisting on calling me my legal name, won’t accept the excuse of a nickname, constant misgendering)
- trying to ‘fix’ us (church every Saturday, huge fights if we try not to go. note: I’m not even of the same religion, so there’s a lot of disrespect too.)
- “do your own chores!” (the problem with this one being that they do them for us before we get the chance, and then yell at us for not doing them.)
- “get a job!” (Went to the labor board-seventeen offers in the area, none of which we qualify for. Already put in applications everywhere anyway.)
- constant insults (“you don’t do anything! you’re so lazy! you had all day to do this! you should lose some weight! you got your hair cut like that?”)
…and those are just the main ones. We’ve been trying, desperately, to hold it together for just as long as we needed to get out, but…but we’ve literally done everything we can think of. Michael is trying to be a Scopist, but he hasn’t gotten the Scopist job set up yet, and there are no job opportunities for me here.
So for months now, we’ve been planning on how to improve our situation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- getting a car
- finding a place to live (scoped out-we’ve looked into lots of places)
- actually moving
- finding a job in the new area
Intended moving place? Orlando, Florida. We’re currently in a nowhere town in Georgia, not far from the Florida border, where the only policeman in town has made it his duty to harass us. We’ve intended for a while now to do everything we can to save up to get us out. Our priorities have shifted as our conditions have worsened; and I, personally, have been miserable up to the point of legitimately being sick. I don’t want to even eat anymore, it’s gotten so bad. Part of it is the misery, and another part is a feeling of debt for every bite of food I take. My diet’s fallen to a can of Mt. Dew and a handful of vitamins in the morning, and a nibble at dinner.
We’re in bad shape.
At this point, we’re desperate to get out by any means necessary, for the sake of our mental and emotional well-being. The problems with this:
- no jobs, no money
- no car
- loan payments
- nowhere to stay until we can get into an apartment
Our loan payments can be handled, postponed, etc. That’s our responsibility. But the rest of it, we can’t much help.
So why did you just read through our sob story? Because we need help. We can’t keep living like this anymore. We can’t.
So, Michael and I are selling practically everything we own. We’re not looking for a handout, we’re not trying to have our every problem solved and tons of cash handed to us on a silver platter. We are, very humbly, and with a lot of pride-swallowing, asking for help.
We’ve cut our preferred moving costs down to one very necessary item-a car. Our goal is $3000, for a good used car that will get us the hell away from here. Everything else can come after, we can crash on couches, or floors, or on the side of the road if we have to, but we have to get out of here, and a car is the only way to do that.
Inclined to help us? Here’s how, via another handy bullet list:
- commissions - I draw and write, and examples of both a fic I’ve been working on, and my art can be found here.
- visit my store - I sell my art in various forms here.
- need old clothes? - We’re selling ours here. (Consider this an online yardsale-more than just clothes about.)
- new clothes? - I have a few tshirt designs up here.
- donations - My paypal email is email@example.com.
- anything else - Signal boosting, encouraging words, floors to crash on, requests for anything else we can do for you-anything, really.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated, truly.
Thanks again-and here’s hoping Tumblr helps us as much as we’ve seen it help others.
-Ivan and Michael.